Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The ducking autocorrect

I actually resorted to profanity a few days ago.

Without going into details, let's just say that I wound up sleep deprived for a very stupid reason, and I was maybe a little ticked. In trying to discuss and resolve the situation I actually resorted to using a few bad words to express my frustration.

That's where I learned that my iPhone's autocorrect doesn't exactly exactly approve of me using profanity. For one thing, it turned fucking into ducking. Which doesn't make any sense at all, especially since I'm sure I spelled it correctly. It also pulled a John Green and turned a (misspelled) bad word into Dickinson. Which I may have found more amusing if I weren't half asleep despite the two coffees I think I had drunk by that time.

Moral of the story? My autocorrect may try to make me say some rather inappropriate things at times, and even succeed in doing so on occasion, but it disapproves when I try to say bad things myself.

I think my iPhone has double standards.

The good news is that I've caught up on sleep, the profanity inducing situation seems to have been resolved, and my supervisor at work was very understanding about me being a zombie that day.

Duck by X posid

And now, a duck. Since autocorrect would probably approve. And if it doesn't, it can go to he'll.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Funny post, Sarita! But I'm glad the duck-inducing episode resolved itself.

Dancing With Fey said...

I know I certainly am.