Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Furry friends

I guess I'm dealing with losing two pets in two days this week by focusing on those we've still got.

There's Saphira, but she's my dad's cat, and since I'm not her favorite person I don't see much of her. I definitely hear her though, especialy when she made more of a fuss than usual about dad going out for dinner with mom a couple evenings ago.

And my kitty Kokopelle has been sticking close to me. He doesn't spend every minute with me, but he's there an awful lot. As I type he's sitting my my window, a few feet away from me. Pretending to ignore me, but still here.

The one I'm worried about is Sabine. She's perked up some, but she's spent her whole life with her sister...who's now gone. And even though I'm going to spend as much time as possible with her, Sabine is still spending an awful lot of time in her cage alone.

Being all alone for more than an hour or so is a new experience for her.

In an effort to make Sabine feel better (and to try to make myself feel less guilty) I've moved her back into her giant rat cage. I destroyed an old towel to make lots of hammocks, and I hid lots of treats throughout her cage.

Now I want someone to pamper me with bacon and chocolate. *sigh...*

Rat mansion

ps. Yes, I think it's safe to say that I abandoned my plan to be sharing Pagan music every day this week. Maybe I can actually follow through on it some other time.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is a magnificent rat palace you've set up for Sabine.

Dancing With Fey said...

Sabine certainly thinks so.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I think Sabine will be very, very, very happy ;-)

Dancing With Fey said...

I'll make sure that she is. :)