Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

My altar

The latest from Pagan Blog Prompts...

Show us your altar, or at least describe it for us.

What items are always on it?
How often do you change it up?
Where do you keep it?


If you don't keep an altar, tell us why.




Show us your altar, or at least describe it for us.

I have a candle for Brighid, a certain bit of needlework, two important bits of jewelry, and two things that are for people I love. I also have some spearmint essential oil, but that's just there because it's on loan from Tall One and I don't want it to get mixed up with my own stuff.

One of the pieces of jewelry is a pentacle ring that I wore constantly for several years. I only took it off recently because it was getting worryingly lose. Ah, the joys of weight loss...dangit.

There are also the three things I mention next...

What items are always on it?

There is always artwork hanging over my altar. Precisely what it is changes, but it's always significant and it's part of the altar.

I have a tall lovely candle that I tend to light when I'm doing any work at all with my altar. Or anyways it used to be tall. It is now rather shorter, and will soon be gone.

The only other thing that seems to be a permanent fixture is my aromatherapy thingy...I'm not even sure what it's properly called. But I love it for how good the essential oils I use with it smell.

How often do you change it up?

I change it up whenever I feel like it. Sometimes not for a while.

Where do you keep it?

In my bedroom. That's my only private space right now, but even when I had my own apartment I kept it there.

1 comment:

Sunfire said...

Sounds nice. Thanks for sharing with us at Pagan Blog Propmts.
~Sunfire