Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

New goal

My new goal: to read a novel in a single day more often.

It doesn't have to be every week. It doesn't have to be every month. But I need to find time, or make time, every few months.

In my last post I mentioned I was reading Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. What I didn't mention was that I was trying to read it as quickly as possible so that I could finish it before seeing the movie on Sunday with the boyfriend. This translated to me starting it Friday evening, finishing it at 1am Sunday morning, and then watching it about nine hours later.

Then today I realized that I was in an unusually good mood, and also that I was greatly enjoying telling people that I'd spent half my weekend reading. I sort of suspect that there's a connection.

By the way, although I am usually not a huge fan of movie adaptations, I do like what they did with this movie.

Old Books by Petr Kratochvil

No comments: