Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Dear Insomnia:

Dear Insomnia:

I loathe you. I really do. I've been lying in bed for a while now, and I need to be at work in seven and a half hours. There's no way I'll get enough sleep now, and that is seriously frustrating.

Please, just leave, and let me get some sleep.

Sincerely,

Tired

ps. Maybe you can take that migraine with you when you leave? Thanks.

. . . . . . .

The above is a letter that I wrote in my head last night. I considered crawling out of bed to jot it down here but didn't. Maybe my writing it now will convince insomnia to leave me alone tonight. Eh, I can hope.

Once I'd had one mug of coffee before work, and two cups of tea at work, I woke up properly. The migraine even seemed disappear entirely in the last hour of work, and luckily it was mild today anyways. I'm honestly not sure how I would have managed if it had been at its worst.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry to hear this -- begone, insomnia and migraines! Leave Sarita alone!

Dancing With Fey said...

Thanks. Maybe the insomnia and migraines will listen to you more than they do to me. :)

I had trouble sleeping again last night. Today I exercised for the first time in over a week (it was a pretty decent workout), so I'm hoping that'll help tonight.