Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DONE

I have offically worked my way out of a job.

I've already shared that my job was in a library, but for privacy's sake I didn't say exactly what I was doing or where. Now that the job is over I am finally comfortable sharing those details!

Washington County Cooperative Library Services (WCCLS) has been switching over to using RFID technology. There are a lot of libraries in the system, and a ton of books and other materials. Since each item needs a tag (and some need two tags) this is a huge project. Was a huge project. It started on January 1st, and has taken until this week to complete.

Yes, I was a tagger. Eight hours a day, five days a week, putting RFID tags in items and then programing the tags. Sound monotonous? It sometimes was, but usually time passed pretty quickly. It also paid well. :)

One cool thing about the job was being able to listen to audio books while working. But I think the best bit was going to the different libraries and getting to see behind the scenes in all of them. Maybe that makes me a nerd. Yes, I guess it does make me a nerd. But that's fine, because nerds are fun.

So it's back to job hunting. Hopefully I'll find something quickly. Hopefully. :)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

When I started school in the mid-sixties, one of our teachers made a huge deal of teaching us all that "tiger" is pronounced "Tie-ger" not "Tagger." Your story reminded me of that ancient memory, for some reason!

Good luck job hunting!

Toriz said...

I happen to like nerds. ;)

Good luck with the job hunting; hope you find something quickly!

Dancing With Fey said...

Debra -- It's funny how memory works!

Toriz -- I also like nerds. :)