Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Pagan Values Month: Foraging

The prompt I chose to respond to today is on foraging: do I forage, what is there for me to forage? This would all be in addition to whatever I grow in my (parent's) garden.



I haven't really foraged. Ever. Unless you count eating berries that I come across when hiking with friends. I mostly do this when I'm with my friend The Belly Dancer...which means that it hasn't been in a while, since she moved away well over a year ago. She's much better at identifying edible berries than I am.

I usually eat blackberries when I find them even though I only like the biggest and juiciest of them. I've always felt a special liking for the vine, a bit like Magaly has a special liking for daisies. Never mind that the vines are weeds and are generally considered unwelcome. I actually planted a few of them in pots that are still at my parent's house, being tended by me.

And by now that is totally off the topic of foraging. But I really do love my blackberry vines, and you'll see more about them in a couple days. :)

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

You must have been reading my mind, my lady, for as I speak (um, write) my Piano Man are trying to figure out how we'll get away with planting ivy and letting it take over our terrace ;-)

Dancing With Fey said...

That would be pretty! :)