Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

A Legend

It seems like I had something in mind to write about the death of Sir Christopher Lee, but I've forgotten what it was.

I'd already had plans to see Murray today. Together we watched a couple of the movies in which Lee played Dracula. And may I say, he was a wonderful Dracula.

Perhaps the strangest thing for me is that I'd somehow thought he would live forever. After all, isn't that what legends are supposed to do? I forgot that, even though he was around black when movies were in black and white, and was going strong still so recently, even he ages.

I'm not sure if I'm more celebrating what he did, or feeling sad that he's gone, today.

...I wrote the above yesterday, then walked away from it a bit intending to find something more to say. But for some reason, I don't seem to know what to say when someone dies.

No comments: