Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

A memorial service

I went to Max's memorial service. It was strange to go to the memorial, when I know the mother but never met Max, and cry.

I cried when people got emotional as they talked about Max, though I was fine if they kept their composure. And I cried at really weird times. Such as when Star Wars music was played after the service, as people were going to get food and mingle. Why the heck did that make me cry?

That song is now stuck in my head...

One thing that was funny -- before the service, as I just wanted something to do, I picked up a Bible and opened it. It opened right to my favorite Bible book. Esther. That was interesting.

I don't want to talk about the service itself, or the stories about Max, or his mom who I know, since all that seems too personal. I may write another post about this, but on the topic of death from a Pagan perspective.

Maybe this post seems unfeeling, since I don't want to talk about the service or people involved. I don't know. If it does seem unfeeling, it's because I don't want to get emotional here.

No comments: