Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Attn: Idiot Drivers

Dear Idiot Drivers:

I was frustrated enough with you as a pedestrian, but now that I am behind the wheel myself I have even less patience for your idiocy.

First of all, stop tailgating. It's not safe, and it frazzles my nerves. If I have to slow down or stop suddenly, we're both in trouble. I'm a student driver, and even I know that.

Second, I know that I do some stupid things as a student, such as entering parking spaces at totally the wrong angle. But when I try to remedy my mistake, please do not honk at me. I already feel bad enough for failing to squeeze my mom's SUV in between two cars, I don't need you reminding me that I don't quite know what I'm doing.

Anyways, you aren't supposed to use your horn just because you're just ticked off. It's only meant to be used when someone is driving dangerously. Which I wasn't. Believe me, I asked my mom, and she said I was fine. I'm inclined to believe her.

On a totally unrelated topic, I recently read that Portland ranked in the top 200 cities in the USA for unsafe drivers. After being on the road, I can't say that I was very surprised at that.

Sincerely,

A Student Driver

P.S. I would also appreciate it if you use your blinkers. I can't read minds.

No comments: