Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Moving blues

When I moved into my own place in April I was very happy to find a nice apartment two blocks from my parents' home. It was so close that I even used one of the same bus stops!

...and what was so delightful at the time is a sore spot now that I've had to move back in with my parents. Yeah, I now catch the bus in front of my old apartment. Which is slightly depressing.

I could use a different bus stop, but that would require walking a little further. Which I guess wouldn't be so bad, but it probably wouldn't help since the extra distance would be a reminder of why I would have changed my old habits. So, that's a no go, and I'll continue catching the bus in front of my old apartment.

My lease isn't up until next week, by the way. And I still need to clean up my apartment. You know, vacuuming and scrubbing the floors. That sort of thing. I kept delaying as I was recovering from being sick, but I need to finally go back and finish up the moving process. Then return the keys. *sigh*

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bummer about the bus stop and its constant reminder. Kind of like running into an old ex everywhere you go.

Dancing With Fey said...

I can't relate to having an ex (since I don't have an ex) but I can imagine that might not be fun.