Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Moving day

Doctor's orders: rest.

What I'm doing: moving.

(Note: all photos are of my packed up apartment.)


The good news is that mom helped me an awful lot with packing yesterday, and we hired people who moved my stuff today. But even though I was able to laze around as I watched other people haul my furniture and stuff about, I still have to do some work. That is, unpacking. And it's tiring me out.

This is really bad timing to be sick, but at least I'm not running a fever today. And I am getting better, though I'm not fully well quite yet. Also, this cough syrup makes me feel tipsy...

I'm not even going to bother cleaning up my apartment for a few days. Not until I feel better.


See that empty book case? Doesn't it look so sad? :'(

I can't fit everything from my apartment back in my bedroom, so mom has rented a storage space for some my things to go in...including my book cases, and most of my books. It was the book cases or my desk, and I'm afraid that the desk won. After all, if I don't have a desk, what will I do with the new computer I plan to get soon(ish)?

If it weren't for public libraries, I don't think I could bear to part with so many of my books. As it is, I've brought all my Tamora Pierce books and a few others. Maybe I should have also brought the Juliet Marillier novels...and a few more Pagan ones...and... But if I keep thinking that way, I'll wind up with all my books in boxes under my bed. Hey, maybe that's not such a bad idea...

And that, people, is how English majors think.

(Mom. I know you're reading this. Please ignore that last bit. Unless I'm crazy enough to actually do it. In which case I may need your assistance retrieving and transporting them.)


I have to say, about this last photo...it feels like I don't have a huge collection of clothes, until I start stuffing them into trash bags. I'm still surprised at how many bags were needed.

That's all for now. I'll probably share pics of my room once I finish unpacking.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You could put all your books in boxes under your bed and just sleep 6 inches from the ceiling. No?

Dancing With Fey said...

Oh wow. No. I like bunk beds but I don't want to be *that* close to the ceiling.

I have enough space under my bed that I can use it as storage space, and I've done that before. And I think there is enough space for all my books.