Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Good taste

I've mentioned before that I developed my good taste in literature by way of chewing up my mom's special edition copy of J.R.R. Tolkien's wonderful book, The Hobbit. Yet I have never actually provided photographic evidence of this atrocity I committed in my youth.

But I finally decided, it is time. I will share the ghosts of my past, and spare no detail. Here is what I did to that poor book:
 
The book

So actually I chewed on the case for the book. If that what it's called. The protective sleeve type thing that this lovely book is placed in for protection, and to make it look more important. I didn't chew on the book itself. But still. Close enough. I'm sure I got my tongue on the book. Enough for a taste.

Close up of the damage

I want to reread The Hobbit before it comes out in theaters next month, so I asked mom to let me borrow her copy of it. And I figured that since I've got it in my hands right now that I may as well share photos of the damage.

I'll probably go all crazy fan girl over the music in the movie. I'm already wanting to squeal wildly over what I hear in the trailers. Especially when the dwarfs sing. OMG. Yes, it actually merits an OMG on this blog where I avoid using the dreaded "text speak."

In the meantime I'll read the book, and lap up every word that Tolkien wrote. And don't worry, I promise I'll keep my mouth off of it this time. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nom nom nom! And that's not text speak, it's LOLcat speak which I hope is fine.

Dancing With Fey said...

LOLcat speak is always welcome here. We luv kitties. :)