Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

The girls' history?

I've been speculating about Kora's and Aniki's history. They've obviously been well fed, and are used to being around people. But little clues suggest that they may have been...a tad neglected.

For one thing, the concept of getting treats seems completely alien to them. Now I'm not saying you're a horrible person if you don't give your pet treats, but I'm amazed by the person who can resist giving these adorable girls the odd tidbit.

And just like they don't know what to do with treats, the idea of playtime outside the cage seems to baffle them. They hide in my clothing, and it doesn't seem to occur to them to go out exploring. I don't think it's just shyness on their part, either. If that were the case, I would think that they would be happy to run around under my blankets.

Last, the official "surrender reason" that the Oregon Humane Society provided for them: "Too many animals already." I don't know how many is too many, but "too many" presumably means more than the person can really take care of properly.

Info I got with the two girls

I hope that Kora and Niki either start getting more outgoing by themselves, or that Sabine will be a good influence on them. As I think I've already said, it's not that I mind them hiding out in my clothes, but I'd like to actually see them occasionally.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You'll be a patient teacher, I'm sure.

Dancing With Fey said...

Maybe if I can figure out what sort of food they LOVE, maybe that'll help...