Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken casserole

Yummy

Allow me to introduce you to my mom's recipe for chicken casserole. I finally learned how to fix it, and figured I may as well share it.

Ingredients

Chicken
Stuffing
Cream of mushroom soup
Chives
Basil
Minced onion
Olive oil

Ingredients

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400°f. 

Chop up your chicken, and cook it on the stove with some olive oil and the spices. I used a lot of basil, and less of the onions and chives.

While the chicken is cooking, prepare the stuffing as directed. (Actually, I ignored what the stuffing said about butter, and only used water in it.)

Once the chicken is done, pour the cream of mushroom on the bottom of an ungreased pan. Evenly spread the chicken on top of it.

I may cook more chicken next time, although this was pretty decent.

Chicken and mushroom goodness

Spread the stuffing on top of it all, and cover. I used a glass lid, but you can use tin foil.

The glass lid got steamy from the freshly cooked stuffing

Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and enjoy! :)

Fresh out of the oven

I know the above shot isn't great, but I thought it was so funny. You want to know why? The food was so hot that it steamed up the lens on my camera.

On the plate

No comments: