Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Down in the Garden

I've been thinking about the song Down in the Garden, since realizing that we might be about to lose Socks. Exactly what my own views on death are is another matter, but I think it is a very beautiful song. Unfortunately I couldn't find a decent video of it on YouTube with the song and just the song, so instead I'm sharing the song where it is interrupted with an explanation of why the songwriter wrote it.



I also wanted to share some photos of Socks. Most are mine, but mom took one or two of them.


I don't even remember when this was taken. He had found a sleeping bag that hadn't been put away yet.


More than five years ago. Dear Socks was helping us unpack for Christmas.


Socks was quite fond of one of my dolls.


Never fear, there is a glass door between Socks and the squirrel.


Close up mug shot. He pretty much always looked grumpy.


Yes, I'm so sorry that the food bag was empty. But it's not like the food bowl was empty, and we got more food before it was in any danger of getting empty. No need to go shoving the empty one around on the floor.

...actually, Kokopelle was in on this one, but I wasn't able to get photographic evidence of that.


As I said, Socks really loved this doll.


I recently mentioned that Socks started sleeping on my bed. Well, after a few days he switched to sleeping under my bed. I figured that it was just because it's warmer under my bed since that's where the vent in my bedroom is.

We got a bed for him that we placed under my bed, so that it would be easier to drag him out for his pills. (He even used it, more than half the time!) He was so frail I worried about hurting him, and it was easier to drag the bed out than to worry about how to hold him.

Kokopell is keeping Socks company in this photo. Socks is on the left, Kokopelle's on the right. Yes, I really can tell them apart.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh no -- a cat and shredded paper -- a dangerous combination! But it looks like Socks was content just to curl up in it.

Lovely photos of a grand old cat.

Dancing With Fey said...

We didn't have any trouble with any of the cats and the shredded paper.