Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Furry Friends update

Beka

Remember Beka has an ear infection that resulted in an emergency visit to an animal hospital? Well, it's taken a while, but she's showing enough improvement that I'm finally relaxing. She's more active, has more control over her movements, and actually tried to crawl out of her cage today when I brought her medicine!

Odd thing, though...we noticed a small bald patch yesterday. When I took her to the vet today (we'd already had the follow up visit scheduled) he said it just looks like over grooming. We suspect Beka's sister is to blame. So we'll keep an eye on it, but no worries for now.

Here's a pic I took today right after I gave Beka her medication, and Sabine a treat.

Sabine on top, Beka with the bald spot

Socks

In the last two weeks Socks has taken to sleeping on my bed. I really have no idea why. For ages he's slept on my parents bed, so this is a weird change. I'm not sure if he's ticked off at mom, is trying to get away from dad, has gotten ticked off at dad's cat, is trying to invade Kokopelle's space (not that my kitty seems to care), or has suddenly decided that he likes me.

Whatever the reason, his presence can be nice when my feet are cold. Though I wish he'd stop tracking bits of kitty litter onto my bed.

Kokopelle on the left, scruffy Socks on the right

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Glad Beka is doing better. And let's hope her sister become less caring ;-)

And I'm too jealous of your black kitties to say anything about in whose bed they should be sleeping. They are sooo cute!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear the ratties are doing well. And two cats are nice on cold winter nights.

Dancing With Fey said...

Magaly -- Sabine certainly is a thoughtful sister. And the black cats are mom's fault. She loves black cats. lol I admit I do too. :)

Debra -- It's definitely nice to have them, especially knowing that the coldest weather is still ahead of us.