Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Books!

When I moved back in with my parents I chose to put virtually all of my books and both of my big book shelves in storage. This was to make room for my desk so that I would be able to have a computer in my bedroom.

I do have one very small set of shelves though, and I did keep some of my books. The books I brought with me are as follows:

1) All the Bone books in one volume, by Jeff Smith
2) Animal Speak by Ted Andrews
3) Blood Lust edited by Kevin J. Anderson (this is actually on loan from the boyfriend, I couldn't pack it away) (I also haven't read it yet...)
4-5) Two books of poetry, one anthology and the other is Sappho
6) The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. le Guin
7-24) All of my Tamora Pierce books, which is most of her novels about Tortall

I think I counted my Tamora Pierce books correctly...there's a bunch of them. And I'm slightly obsessed. As evidenced by the many maps of Tortall I have taped to my bedroom wall.

Maps!

I have rather more than 24 books now, since I have managed to acquire some new ones and also found that I'd left a few behind when I moved out. I'm not sure that they'll all fit on my small shelf...

It seems to me that a person's book shelves will tell you something about them. I'm trying to figure out exactly what my carefully chosen small collection of books say about me.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool maps!

Dancing With Fey said...

Thanks. :) I felt properly geeky while tracking them down online or photo copying them out of the books to go on my wall.

A map from "The Hobbit" may be joining them shortly...I've never been this obsessed with maps before. Maybe I've been reading too much Beka Cooper. (Beka is a Tamora Pierce character who LOVES her maps.)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, Tolkien's map from the Hobbit is very cool!

Dancing With Fey said...

Tolkien maps are neat. :)