Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Sibling rivalry?

Tall One is vegetarian, but when mom brings me home delicious chicken strips from Dairy Queen he drools over them.

I confess, I have enjoyed tormenting him. "Hmm, this is delicious." "Wonderful chicken!" "Hey, Tall One, want some?"

Except, it turns out I haven't been torturing him, those few times mom has brought home chicken strips recently.

You see, when we taste food, we don't merely use the taste buds in our tongue. We also rely an awful lot on smell. We rely so much on smell that you can seriously dampen your sense of taste by holding your nose. (Or so I've heard. I haven't tried it.) Tall One knows this, and as such he says that he thoroughly enjoys the smell without having any interest in actually consuming any of my delicious chicken strips.

Tall One also said that he enjoyed the fact that I thought I was being a nuisance when in fact he was perfectly content.

I was seriously disappointed to learn this.

...unless, maybe he's just using this an an excuse to make me stop tormenting him? Hmm...I wonder...

Naw, he's nerdy enough to know his science, and to use that knowledge to be happy with merely smelling my delicious meal.

Darnit.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hmmm, I smell "Big Brother B.S." LOL!

Dancing With Fey said...

Younger brother actually. And I suspect he's actually telling the truth. He's certainly an interesting enough character.

Plus he genuinely seemed to regret that he wouldn't get to watch me *thinking* I was tormenting him anymore. He was apparently having fun with that.