Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Jeans that fit

Loose Jeans by Petr Kratochvil

No, my pants were not THAT loose
One downside of losing so much weight is that my blue jeans seemed to grow. And grow. And grow. I had pants in two different sizes, and I became rather frustrated with the fact that even the smaller ones were too big on me.

But finally I have two pairs of pants that fit me. Thank gods mom was willing to take me to Fred Meyers and buy me some new pants. I'm too picky, and can have trouble finding second hand ones that I like. (Admittedly some of my favorite jeans have been second hand, but I have to really work to find those rare gems.) And inexpensive second hand is all I can afford for myself at the moment.

Do you have any idea how wonderful it is to put on a pair of pants that actually fit, after months of wearing jeans that are too loose? It is absolute bliss. Bliss, I tell you.

I did make one discovery though. When you lose enough weight, it can be difficult to find clothing that fits. This discovery is really why I'm writing a post about clothes shopping. A little over half of the Levi's pants I looked at came in my new size, but I couldn't find any Lee's that would fit me. This is a problem I hear about for people who gain weight when they go to buy dresses or whatever, but I'd never guessed it could also be a problem in the other direction.

Moral of the story: not all brands target smaller thinner people.

And, for anyone who is wondering...I went from a size 8 at the beginning of the year to a size 4 now. And that was all unintended weight loss. I cannot tell you how weird it is.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you're still seeing doctors to try to find out what's causing this weight loss. Have you been tested for Celiac disease (gluten intolerance)?

Dancing With Fey said...

Well the weight and appetite loss seemed to solve itself, for the most part just before summer started. (Which is good since the doctors seemed to forget my existence after running a couple of tests, and I didn't want to bug them to do more tests.) My clothes were a bit loose through the summer, but it didn't really bother me until after I lost the 6 pounds while sick a couple weeks ago. (I have gained 2 of them back, FYI.)

Someone else has suggested that I might be gluten intolerant. But when I look up the symptoms it doesn't seem to fit me.

I am seeing my doctor this week as a follow up to a visit when I was sick. We have a few things to discuss, I'm guessing the weight loss will be one of them.