Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Solstice music?

Clipart of a wintery scene of a tree covered in snow. , Click here to get more Free Clipart at ClipartPal.com
Snow covered tree
I was raised on Christmas music. I may not know all the lyrics to many songs, but I can at least sing bits of them or hum the tune.

I own several CDs of Christmas music. My family has more. I delight in playing my favorite Christmas CD every year. And yes I just linked to it on Amazon.com. Because I can't find the music on YouTube and it's too good to not share. :)

However...I'm Pagan. I do love Jesus, but I also celebrate the changing of the seasons. Sure, some Christmas music is actually very Pagan. (After all, Christmas has its roots in Paganism.) But I also want a CD of Pagan music about this holiday season.

In previous years I've turned to YouTube to try to find some of that Pagan music. Yet, even though I found songs that I liked, I didn't find anything that grabbed me enough that I remember it clearly a year later once we wound back around to the same season again. When I looked through my "winter holidays" playlist about a week ago I was like, "Oh, yeah, that. Sure..." I haven't even bothered listening to any of it this year, really.

It looks like I may just stick to Christmas music this year while wishing that I also had a Pagan CD to listen to.

If anyone does know of any Pagan CDs of seasonal music though...I'd be happy to hear about them. :) I'm also open to suggestions for Christmas music.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You could check out ladyslipper.org and look under their women's spirituality/new age section to see if there's anything there. I don't know of any CD that's completely pagan solstice/yule music although that's not to say one doesn't exist. Happy hunting!

Dancing With Fey said...

I'll take a look there. Thanks. :)