Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Developing a fine taste

Pint Of Proper Guinness In Dublin by TBridget Mac
After some careful consideration I decided to document my descent into being a drunken sot.

Ok, so I didn't get drunk, and have no plans to get drunk. But I may finally be developing some good taste. And I did get tipsy. Twice. In a single day. I'm blaming it on my boyfriend.

For our last date Murray took me to an Irish pub. I was a bit wary when he said he wanted to get me Guiness, since he's fed me that stuff before and I could barely drink any. Yeah, I know it's the best out there. I just lack(ed) good taste.

Well, I still don't love the stuff this time, but I was able to down an entire drink over the course of a meal. Without shuddering or being unhappy about it. Which definitely suggests that I'm getting there.

Oh yeah...and the one drink may have gotten me feeling slightly...off? Possibly tipsy? Yeah, I guess I'm not much of a drinker if one drink does that to me.

I guess Murray was feeling enthusiastic about feeding me alcohol, because next he took me to a liquor store to get me some whiskey. He fixed it for me later at my place (mixed with some ginger ale, it was still almost too sweet) and it wound up with my mom suggesting that I sit down. Apparently I had a slightly vacant look?

Strange thing is, my taste in coffee is also suddenly changing. I'm using less creamer in it now. Hmm. I don't know if I'll ever be able to drink it black, though.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm not a beer drinker but lately, I've had a craving for a Guinness myself. There must be something in the air!!!

Dancing With Fey said...

Hmm, Guinness...

And darn, just realized I'd been misspelling it. lol Oh well, I'll leave the improper spelling in as a record of my learning. If that makes any sense. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I have a glass of wine a few nights a week. I love a shot (or three) of Bailey's Irish Cream every now and then. And after a long run, nothing goes down better than an ice cold beer. Yum!

Dancing With Fey said...

Irish Cream. That's something I still haven't tried yet...

I can't imagine anything going down better than water after a run (well, maybe juice?), but I do love my water. :)