Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

DVD vs. Blue-ray

Everything was awesome when DVDs started replacing VHS. DVD is clearly superior and I thought it was awesome.

Then Blue-ray came out...and even though it's better than DVDs, just like the DVD is better than VHS...I said no way. No way would they make me switch.

I guess I should have known better.

So far I haven't made the switch yet. But since falling in love with the Terminator movies I have discovered that it is pretty difficult to find them on DVD in stores. Which leads me to suspect that I may finally have to start doing the Blue-ray thing soon.

Maybe I'll get them, and a Blue-ray player, for my birthday tomorrow...?

If I think too much about this I wonder what will come out next to make the Blue-rays obsolete. That makes me grumpy. Still, at least DVDs work on Blue-ray players. Maybe they'll also work on the next big thing?

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't switched to Blue-Ray yet. I'm still using my combo VHS/DVD player. Even that, I don't use much anymore. We've just stopped buying videos.

Have fun tomorrow on your big day!

Dancing With Fey said...

For a while I was hardly watching any movies, but over a year of dating my boyfriend has changed that. He's a bad influence on me. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Happy belated birthday!

I love the frog and her nerve (Yep, I'm sure it's a girl ;-)

Dancing With Fey said...

Thanks. :)

I'm glad you like the frog. I liked her too, until I had to unfold her to get at the info...oh well. There will be other frogs.