Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Flip flop snob

Teva flip flops
I'll be the first to tell you that when it comes to flip flops, I'm a snob.

I won't touch flip flops unless they have arch support, which means that I regard the cheap $1 stuff you find in grocery stores with disdain. I just don't see the point of wearing them. I mean, if I don't care about arch support in sandals, I may as well toughen up my feet and go barefoot.

The result of my being a snob means that I have worn Teva flip flops for years. True, they cost a bit more. But I'll bet they last much longer than the cheap ones. And they are comfortable.

(Well, ok, I'm not so sure that I would like their wedges...)

That being said, even though I'm in love with Teva, I don't have so much brand loyalty that I won't consider other brands as well. I'm already thinking that I may try Crocs flip flops next pair when my current Teva pair wear out. (Note: Crocs is the only brand of shoes for which I will order new styles online without trying them on first. I trust them that much.) I've also just learned about New Balance, and am curious to see how their flip flops are about arch support.

Oh dang, and I just realized...I guess I am one of "those women," after all. I talk shoes, and have expensive tastes. Just, about sandals and Crocs, not high heels. After all, I just wrote a whole blog post about footwear...

Funny how this blog can reveal certain sides of my character to me. Then again, I guess I should have known already that I may be mildly passionate about shoes, since I'm a self described flip flop snob. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My Rare One swears by Teva sandals too because of their arch support.

Dancing With Fey said...

Your Rare One is a Smart One. :)