Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sore throat remedy

The ingredients
While looking up teas that might help with a sore throat I came across the honey and lemon remedy. Apparently it is fairly well known, and it could be that most of my readers will respond with "Well duh, you only now found this?" I don't really care though, because I am too happy with my discovery.

At my mom's suggestion, I added whiskey. I do like it without the whiskey, but I think I prefer it with the medicinal booze. By the way, this is the same stuff that I mentioned my boyfriend getting me in this post. :)

I've discovered that if you're fixing this regularly, it may be a good idea to buy extra honey. The honey in the regular little bear containers won't last very long if you drink this several times a day.

Ingredients

1 cup water (equals one mug, basically)
2 table spoons honey
1 table spoon lemon juice
1 table spoon whiskey

Instructions

Heat water as you would for tea. Mix in other ingredients.

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I don't like the taste of hard liquor, but when my throat is really bad, I take a shot.

But my favorite is ginger and honey.

Dancing With Fey said...

I remember you writing about ginger tea, and how it helps with cramps. That convinced me to try it for cramps...

...and now I usually drink ginger tea with honey every night. For cramps, and also because it just tastes good. :)