The last nine months have involved some major milestones for me. Here they are, in the order they occurred.
1) I'm in a serious relationship. WOW. And this is the first time I'm dating. Another WOW.
2) I got my first full time job. I want to say WOW again but I feel like I've already used up my WOWs...
3) I finally acknowledged that I'm bisexual. Funny, this only happened after falling in love.
4) I'm in my own apartment. WOW.
And now, milestone #5...
5) Today I got my learners permit. I'm finally going to learn to drive.
Yes I'm 23 and am only now learning to drive. Often I was asked why I never tried for my license, and I would sometimes try to explain. But finally I got tired of strangers telling me how to live my life ("You need to know how to drive! Your excuse is not valid!") and gave non-answers.
What it boiled down to, though, is that driving is a lot of responsibility and I didn't want that responsibility. Plus I didn't have the confidence.
But I'm finally living independently, and am sort of feeling like I can do anything right now. Plus my boyfriend encouraged me, and I'm not sure if I would have had the confidence to go to the DMV today without his support.
So here I come, I'm gonna learn to drive. :)