Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's hot outside

Tall One is back home from Scotland! :) And he might write some guest posts.

In other news...

It's really hot outside. We had a heat wave recently, it finally cooled off a little, then started getting hot again, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 103°f (39°c). And I have finally decided that enough is enough.

My cat, Kokopelle, is temporarily back with my parents.

I don't have air conditioning in my apartment. I can get cross ventilation going by putting fans in two of my windows, but that works best at night when I can draw the cool air (if it actually cools off) into my home. But it gets really hot during the day, especially since I won't leave the windows open while I'm gone. And let me tell you, it's really funny to brush my teeth and find that the toothpaste is warm. Yeah, that's how hot it can get in my apartment.

Kokopelle has handled the heat really well so far. But there's no way I'm letting him go without air conditioning when it's in the hundreds.

This should be interesting. Kokopelle doesn't get along great with my parents' cats, and although we're trying to keep them separated I'm sure they'll somehow be reunited at some point. Socks and Saphira will not be pleased.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

39 degrees -- yikes! I'd go along with Kokopelle to your parents and soak up their air conditioning too!

I hope your brother writes about his trip to Scotland!

Dancing With Fey said...

I'll be spending as much time in an air conditioned location as possible tomorrow.