Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

The new job, and a discovery

I won't talk much about work, and I'm certainly not putting the location online. But I will tell you that the food is yummy.

I'll also tell you what I think my favorite part of the job is: cutting up the food. Chicken, lettuce, peppers...doesn't matter. If I'm cutting something, I'm happy.

Also, I made a personal discovery on the job. I don't find raw meat gross anymore. I'm not sure when this happened, but it's been since I moved into my own apartment. Not handling raw meat was actually one perk to being vegetarian a few years ago, and when I started eating meat again I was sad to realize that I no longer had an excuse to not deal with raw meat. After all, if I'm going to eat it, I can't refuse to handle it on ethical grounds.

Maybe raw meat stopped being gross when I started to enjoy cooking. I wonder if those two facts are related. Hmm...

No comments: